We are homeowners again!
Our original intent was to purchase a van for overnighting on our trips up Rte. Nord towards James Bay and the Trans-Taiga Hwy.
Andy was seeking a comfortable alternative to our years of ground camping, and I wanted something that would protect me from bears. I have encountered too many and too closely for comfort (bear stories anyone?)
My brother in Montreal checked several vans for us, but they were rusty, ill-maintained, and generally awful. After much research and discussion, we settled on a reconditioned vehicle from Cruise Canada. It appealed to us because it had been completely reconditioned and has a years’ warranty. It is a bit larger than what we need, but it is sound and will provide us with a hard roof over our heads as we cruise across Canada this summer to Pacific Rim Park. It will also be a place to stay when traveling south to Montreal.
No jokes please:
- We will NOT be wintering in Florida.
- We will not have a silly bumper sticker about being retired (we are NOT retired).
- We are NOT becoming members of KOA.
- We will NOT be wearing baseball hats and sitting under the awning of our camper with a Coors light at 11:00 a.m.
- We will NOT be sleeping in Walmart parking lots.