I had the students all day, as the teacher was out. Luckily, I had the first period as a spare and was able to prepare (somewhat). I found some fun exercises in binders in the teachers’ cupboard; learning and identifying the difference between mammals and reptiles, and using the dictionary to compile lists (according to grade level) of the names of animals under the proper identifier, word searches, etc. For math and English, we did 15 minutes of rote learning on worksheets, followed by a fun activity for 15 minutes, and then 15 minutes of free time for everyone who worked. They worked so quietly, I could have heard a pin drop, if I dropped one.
Not mishaps whatsoever. The boy who laid himself prostrate on the floor last time was very cooperative and even helped put the chairs up at the end of the day; an absolute sweetie. Well … there was just one incident of a student escaping into the halls with a pair of scissors, who refused to hand them over. But the behavioural consultant handled that.